Cookin’ with Home Storage
By Peggy Layton
This book is the 2010 updated and revised edition of this timeless cookbook. One of the finest and most comprehensive books written for those making meals from scratch or using their storage foods. Written for those people who look at the cans of food in their basement and say, “What do I do with all this stuff!?!” Over 550 delicious tasting recipes included. Learn from an expert (a mother of 7 children) how easy it is to use home storage foods daily! A kitchen must!
THIS BOOK CONTAINS :
- Charts on what to store, how to store it and how much to store.
- Charts on how to reconstitute dehydrated and freeze dried food.
- Authentic pioneer recipes using very basic food storage.
- How to best use dehydrated and freeze dried food.
- Emergency food storage and survival tips.
- Fascinating historical information on how the pioneers really lived.
- Authentic pioneer recipes using the basic foods available in the 1800’s.
- Great Grandmas home remedies and household cleaners.
- Pet food and baby food and much, much, more.
The TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Hints, Substitutions & Reconstituting
Spices & Condiments
Breads & Cereals
Wheat & Grains
Scones & Fry Bread
Crackers & Chips
Beans & Rice
Bean & Pea Soups
Rice & Beans
Fruits, Vegetables & Salads
Dairy Products & Eggs
Desserts & Confections
Grandma’s Home Remedies
This book makes a great Wedding, Birthday, or Christmas Gift.